Tuesday, January 5, 2010

track 61: Ladder • b/w track 62: Building a Mystery


August 1, 1997
My mom, Dave and I set off for another visit to my Aunt Charlotte's in Cleveland, Georgia. However, Dave and I made a stop along the way in Atlanta, where we stayed with Lisa for a couple of days to attend the first Lilith Fair. I mean, how could I possibly resist when 80% of my musical love is for girls with guitars? On that day, we saw Fiona Apple, Susanna Hoffs, Joan Osborne (who sang an amazing version of her song "Ladder"), Jewel and Sarah McLachlan. Emmylou Harris was there as well, but at this point I wasn't much of a fan and I think we used that time to visit the food stands. It was the first time I got to see Sarah live and the only time I've ever seen Fiona Apple play.



Whenever a track from Joan's album Relish plays on my ipod, I remember how much I liked it. I also really liked some of the songs from her second disc, Righteous Love even better.

next time: if someone like you found someone like me then suddenly nothing would ever be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment