Monday, December 21, 2009

track 60: i want you

I went on a cruise to celebrate the wedding of my friend Rosie. One thing I remember about it was that there was this guy who reminded me a lot of Nick Brendon- this was right around the time Buffy had started- and I kept seeing him and really wanted to talk to him. But didn't. And Savage Garden played like 100x, forcing me to like this song.
But what I remember most was how beautiful and peaceful it was, sitting alone in the dark on the deck of the ship, out on the water, getting lost in the stars above. Total bliss. I wish I could feel that way all the time.

-------
June 14, 1997:
Subj: the cruise and everything after
Date: 97-06-14 04:22:39 EDT
From: RbSayre

So I went on this cruise to nowhere tonight.

Really cool. My first cruise. The food kinda sucked, but a girl bought me a drink so I danced with her. I lost 10 bucks at the freaking slots. I had 3 rum and cokes. I tried desperately to find the guy who was sort of a Nick Brendon lookalike, to no avail (until after we had departed the ship and I was waiting for everyone, then he sat right next to me and by then I'd lost my nerve.) I spent the last hour or maybe hour and a half so peaceful and content, sitting on the top deck at the back of the boat with the sea breeze and the stars. And at night it's so dark you can't see where the sky ends and the water begins, so it's almost as if you're flying in outer space...

But maybe that's the 3 rum and cokes. Shit, I was gonna say something else.
Oh yeah, old people dancing the YMCA are funny.




next time: you're giving me crooked answers • i'm cracking your little code • i'm learning another language • so full it's about to explode

No comments:

Post a Comment